Sights & Activities
Localities • Places
Good Travel Faqs
Sicily's Top 12
Hotels • Planning
Maps of Sicily
Weather • Climate
Nature • History • People
Food • Wine • Dining
Arts • Literature • Culture
Contact • Follow
See Sicily with a
great Sicily tour!
Personal Travel in Sicily
The Peoples of Sicily: A Multicultural Legacy. Full of Greeks, Arabs, Normans, Germans and Jews, the most significant general history of Sicily ever published is about much more than an island in the sun. Can the eclectic medieval experience of the world's most conquered island be a lesson for our times? Find out as you meet the peoples! (368 pages on acid-free paper, ebook available) Read more.
Women of Sicily: Saints, Queens & Rebels. Meet a timeless sisterhood of pious Roman maidens, steadfast Sicilian queens, and a Jewish mother who faced the horrors of the Inquisition. Find an island's feminine soul in the first book about Sicily's historical women written in English by a Sicilian woman in Sicily. (224 pages on acid-free paper, ebook available) Read more.
The people are the essence of the place.
Meeting the people helps you to learn about them. It's not just anthropology or an
observer's curiosity, and it transcends the superficial. It's a personal experience.
• Sicilians - Meet the islanders.
• Sicilian - The language.
• Sicilian Writers - The literature of Sicily.
• Arts & Artists - Visual and performing arts.
• The Trinacria - Triskelion, symbol of Sicily.
• Sicilian Diaspora - Sicilians outside Italy.
• Sicilian Regional Government - Quasi-independence.
• Italy's Unification - Risorgimento revisted.
• Revising History - Historical revisionism in Sicily.
• Arcana - Sicily's invisible side.
• Family History - An introduction.
• Genealogy - Finding the records.
• Onomatology - Surnames origins.
• Heraldry - Families and coats of arms.
• Ciullo d'Alcamo - Sicilian School of poetry.
• The Leopard Lives - Historical fiction.
• Popolino - Sicily's Underclass - Forgotten Sicilians.
• The New Sicilians - Multicultural island redux.
• Giuseppe Garibaldi - Who he was and wasn't.
• The Two Sicilies - A kingdom and its dynasty.
• Carlo de Bourbon-Sicilies Interviewed - Man who would be king.
• Maria Sophia, Last Queen of the Two Sicilies - German princess with a Neapolitan heart.
• Francis II, Last King of the Two Sicilies - Gone but never forgotten.
• Constantinian Order of St George of the Two Sicilies - Five centuries of chivalry.
• Order of Saint John (Knights of Malta) - From the Middle Ages to the 21st century.
• Emperor Charles V, King of Sicily - Europe's last medieval knight.
• The House of Savoy - The dynasty and its traditions.
• Kings of Sicily Listed - Rulers since the Middle Ages.
• Who runs Sicily today? - Social and political realities in a semi-autonomous region.
• Peoples of Sicily - Who we are (really).
• Religion in Sicily - A land of faiths.
Top of Page