Sights & Activities
Localities • Places
Good Travel Faqs
Sicily's Top 12
Hotels • Planning
Maps of Sicily
Weather • Climate
Nature • History • People
Food • Wine • Dining
Arts • Literature • Culture
Contact • Follow
See Sicily with a
great Sicily tour!
Personal Travel in Sicily
Related pages: Real Sicilians • Sicily's Religions • Sicilian Literature • Arts & Artists • History • Ethnology • Events & Festivals • Museums • Sicilian Identity Today • The 'Invisible' Sicily • Sicilian Diaspora
How does one define a people? If we presume to "define" any culture, the
pages linked here are reliable points of reference for Sicily's.
• Arts and Artists - Links to topics encompassing everything from painting and sculpture to literature and cinema.
• Sicilian Literature - The best-known novelists, playwrights, poets and other Sicilian writers, from ancient plays to historic novels to contemporary erotic fiction.
• Peoples of Sicily - Introduction to the civilizations that conquered and colonized Sicily.
• History & Biography - Large links page covering numerous topics, from ancient history and mythology to the modern era.
• Religions of Sicily - East to West, from mytholoigy to Catholicism and every movement along the way.
• Arcana - The "invisible" side of Sicilian life: good, bad, ugly.
• Sicilian Food - The art of cookery. Links to dozens of culinary topics, from street markets to desserts.
• Sicilian Wine - Is wine making an art? We think so, and in Sicily it's an ancient one.
• Sicilian Identity - If you wanted to be or become Sicilian, this would be a good place to begin.
• Events in Sicily - Cultural events and festivals.
• Real Sicilians - A glimpse of the people of Sicily today.
• Sicilian Language - A tongue spoken since the 12th century.
• The Two Sicilies - We love Italy, but Sicily existed as a distinct nation long before 1861 and is still very, well, Sicilian. Here's why.
• Cities and Towns - This is by no means a complete list, but the map and links will take you into the realm of the local.
• Sicilian Regions - Whether its mountains, forests, coastlines or beaches - or perhaps our resident volcano - that interests you, this is a good guide.
• Sicilian Family History - Useful if you're already Sicilian but tracing your roots.
• Sicilian Heraldry - Relevant to architecture and genealogy, heraldry touches many aspects of art and history.
• Sicily Books - Some good books to deepen your knowledge of much information presented on Best of Sicily.
Top of Page