The world's favorite Sicily destination guide has thousands of informative pages about Sicily. Don't just read about our multicultural island. Discover it with one of our scheduled tours of Sicily or our fully personalized travel service, Sicily Concierge. Sicily's been waiting for you for three thousand years!
Travel • Details • Places • Map • Hotels
» Why Sicily? 12 cultures in 1.
» Top 12 destinations in Sicily.
» Sights to see.
» Personalized Travel. REAL travel agents.
» Scenic Places & geography.
» Hotels & other lodging in Sicily.
» Country Cooking Classes at Tarantola winery.
» Market Cooking Classes with Vincenzo Clemente.
» Restaurants reviewed.
» Tours of Sicily & more.
» Travel Faqs and real answers.
» Sicily Airports - getting there.
» Travel Ideas for your visit.
» Sicily Maps - roads & cities.
» Sicily Weather forecasts, temps.
» Beaches in Sicily - a selection.
» Villas in Sicily & how to find one.
» Sightseeing and touring.
» LECTURES by real historians.
» Genealogical Research - finding family roots.
» Tour Guides listed by locality.
(More links follow the map.)
Culture, History, Curiosities
» Sicily Facts and figures.
» Food and Wine - eating, drinking, enjoying.
» Sicilian Culture - all things Sicilian.
» Golf courses & resorts.
» Transportation - trains, buses...
» Sicily for Children. For families!
» Young Students. Study resources.
» Travel Guide Books reviewed.
» Sicilian Genealogy. Family history.
» Travel Agent Resources and advice.
» Sicilian Literature - then and now.
» Arts and Artists. Creativity.
» Sicilian Identity - ethnic legacy.
» Religions of Sicily. Faiths.
» Peoples of Sicily. Meet the peoples!
» Invisible Sicily - the unseen.
» Kingdom of Sicily - the book.
» Sicilian - language of a people.
Think about booking through Booking.Com® for your hotel or other lodging, even if you're accustomed to using that "other" hotel reservation service. Part of the Priceline® network, Booking.Com offers competitive rates and usually charges only part of your stay upon confirming your reservation, with the balance paid upon check-in or check-out. There are no extra reservation fees, and cancellations are almost always free of charge. Our list makes it easy to search by city:
• SICILY Search the entire island.
• Agrigento Ancient Greek temples.
• Catania Sicily's bustling second city.
• Cefalù Splendid Norman cathedral
• Marsala Sicily's wine country.
• Messina Underrated but interesting.
• Noto Baroque splendor in scenic hills.
• Palermo Medieval Norman-Arab legacy.
• Ragusa Baroque and charming.
• Siracusa Ancient Greek capital.
• Taormina Delightful hilltop resort town.
• Trapani Near Erice and Segesta.
• GLOBAL SEARCH for hotels everyplace.
Places, Localities, Regions, Nature
• Aeolian Islands - great beaches.
• Agrigento - ancient Greek temples.
• Alcantara Gorge - majestic canyon.
• Bagheria - baroque dignity.
• Caccamo Castle - hilltop fortress.
• Caltagirone - majolica art.
• Caltanissetta - feudal Sicily.
• Catania - Sicily's Second City.
• Cefalù - Norman cathedral.
• Egadian Islands - coastal treasures.
• Enna - Persephone's city.
• Erice - castles and couscous.
• Favignana - western island.
• Ficuzza - royal forest.
• Etna - Europe's largest volcano!
• Halaesa - ancient Greek village.
• Himera - ancient Greek city.
• Hyblaean Mountains - stately hills.
• Lampedusa - remote island.
• Lipari - volcanic islands.
• Madonie Mountains - grand summits.
• Malta - the country next door.
• Marsala - wine capital.
• Messina - crusaders' port city.
• Milazzo (Mylae) - coastal Greek city.
• Monreale Abbey. Don't miss it!
• Morgantina - archeological site.
• Mozia - Phoenician harbor.
• Naxos - first Greek colony.
• Nebrodi Mountains - forested peaks.
• Noto - baroque beauty.
• Piazza Armerina - Roman mosaics.
• Palermo - capital city.
• Pantalica - older than ancient.
• Pantelleria - windy island.
• Peloritan Mountains - rugged dignity.
• Ragusa - baroque Sicily.
• San Vito lo Capo - beaches.
• Sciacca - medieval charm.
• Scopello - secret hamlet.
• Segesta - greatest Greek temple.
• Sicanian Mountains - the heartland.
• Selinunte - secret temples.
• Siracusa - greatest Greek city.
• Solunto - ancient hilltop town.
• Taormina - Sicily's resort town.
• Tindari - ancient Roman mountain.
• Trapani - wind mills.
• Ustica - marine reserve.
• Vendicari Reserve - nature reserve.
• Wine Country - endless vineyards.
• Zingaro Reserve - grasslands.
Online since 1999, Best of Sicily is an independent publication that is not affiliated with any government, public agency or travel bureau. Our goal has always been to present accurate, unbiased information useful to travelers and to anybody curious about Sicily's history, culture and society. This site is read by over two million visitors each year.
More than most travel sites, Best of Sicily reflects a certain ethos, even a philosophy. These books, written by authors who've contributed articles to the site over the years, are part of it.
Much, much more!
» Desktop Site - for tablets and large screens.
» SEARCH - Best of Sicily.
©1999-2022 Best of Sicily Travel, Palermo, Italy. All Rights reserved. Visit our desktop site for further information.